Westminster is an inclusive congregation in which we are committed to embodying the faith in tangible ways through worshipping, learning, connecting, and serving. We believe spirituality and action go hand in hand as we seek to follow Jesus Christ in the world.
In 1957, ninety-five faithful dreamers planted the seed and leaned into God’s calling to be a Presbyterian presence in southern Marin County (California). Sunday services were held in burlap-lined quarters over Herbert’s Sherbet Shop on the Tiburon Boardwalk. Children attended Sunday School in two Northwest Pacific railroad cars. In 1960, the congregation celebrated the transition to the current location with a small sanctuary, classrooms and offices. In 1991, a beautiful new sanctuary was dedicated. Since our beginning, six pastors, two dozen interns, five parish associates and hundreds of elders and deacons have guided the congregation. In 2017, we celebrated our 60th Anniversary!
Westminster is affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) denomination. To learn more, check out their website: http://www.pcusa.org