We are living in unprecedented times, and while the church building sits empty, Westminster has not gone away. Staff members, lay leaders, members and friends alike continue to be the living body of Christ. Online worship services, classes, discussion groups, morning and evening devotions punctuate the calendar daily. Pastoral care continues over the phone. Meals are being collected every week to serve the hungry. The church remains at work and in prayer. Know that we are here. Share that we are here. Take a moment to learn about all the ways in which you can participate from where you are.
Survey of In-person Gatherings
We continue to closely monitor state and local guidelines regarding in-person gatherings, and are working toward putting the procedures in place that will make us compliant with the guidelines. At this time, we are not holding any in-person gatherings. We have created a brief (5 question) survey that provides an opportunity for you to give feedback on your preferences and concerns. We encourage all Westminster members and friends to complete the survey - https://www.surveymonkey.com/
Message and video from J. Herbert Nelson, II, Stated Clerk of the General Assembly - May 29, 2020
"Stated Clerk Remembers Recent Victims of Racial Violence" Message from Clerk of the General Assembly
The Westminster Staff
Ways to Connect
+ Our page is Westminster Pres-Tiburon, or click on the Facebook button. Facebook
+ Our channel is WPC Tiburon, or click on the YouTube button. Youtube
+ We send you a weekly email with the most recent updates. Let Rob or Bethany know if you would like to be added to this email.
+ Many mid-week gatherings happen over Zoom. Links are sent in the eNews, or be in touch with the staff for a specific link. (See Zoom calendar below.)
Telephone and email
+ All church staff are still available by phone and email. Don't hesitate to reach out!
May 26, 2020
Rob McClellan Interviews Nicole Trotter
Watch this fantastic conversation with The Rev. Nicole Trotter, Pastor at St. Luke Presbyterian and former staff member at Westminster. As always, Nicole is authentic, engaging, deep, and wise. You'll enjoy seeing her!
Youth Ministry Video Series
Week 2 - Functional Faith
What: Prodigal Parent Video Series: Spiritual Practices for the Whole Family
When: 6 Wednesdays at 12:00pm (May 20th- June 24th)
Where: WPC Facebook and YouTube channels
Who: Anybody with kids of any age in the house!
It appears that we aren’t going to be together for normal Sunday morning activities for awhile still. So, a group of youth pastors in Marin got together to talk through various things families can be doing at home now to help your kids grow deeper in their faith. As youth pastors we know that the spirit of our youth (and parents) are being put to the test currently. Now, probably more than ever, our youth need to deepen their faith. Our hope is that one or two of these will help fill a void in not just your children's spirits, but also yours.
Special thanks to the following for joining us and making it happen: Shea Morgan, Young Life Marin; Jeff Shankle, WPC; Patricia Wiig, Mt. Tamalpais United Methodist Church; Ben and Shelly Zuehlsdorff, Marin Covenant Church.
* Week 1 - Simple Family Devotionals and Prayer Wall
* Week 2 - Functional Faith
* Week 3 - Reflection and Memorization
* Week 4 - Prayer in Color
* Week 5 - Bible Project and Self-Care (Use the Apps!)
* Week 6 - Global Missions and Encouragement
Zoom This Week
If you need help, we have put together a tech team to offer assistance over the phone. To connect via Zoom for any of the activities, please contact Bethany by email for the link:
* NEW - WPC "Kind of Happy Hour" - Enjoy some light-hearted time and check in with one of the Westminster staff. A different staff member will host each happy hour. Let Bethany know which happy hour you would like to attend to receive the Zoom link.
* Bethany - Wednesday, June 3rd at 5:00pm
* Yoga with Erin Elliott - Every Monday, 9:30am, all levels welcome.
* Men's Connection - Every Friday, 6:30 - 7:30am
* Bible Study - Tuesdays at 6:00pm - Mark's Gospel
* Movie Discussion - Every Tuesday, 2:30-3:30pm - Upcoming June 2nd, "American Factory"; led by Mary Mossteller.
* Wednesday Morning Class - June 3rd, 9:30am - "Holding On and Letting Go." Facilitated by Ted Scott
* Empty Nest Workshop - June 4, June 18, July 9th at 7:30pm via Zoom. Workshop specifically for Empty Nesters, facilitated by Lisa Bartschat, a certified Life Coach.
* Sunday School Live - Thursday, June 4th at 3:00pm. All Pre-K and Elementary students invited to Zoom gathering.
* "Starting the Day Strong" - Friday, June 5th at 9:30am. Led by Bethany, bring your coffee and share about how we might start the day focused on God's blessings.
* Upcoming Workshop - "Practical Skills for Open-Hearted Communication" by Ruth Schweitzer-Mordecai. Zoom class, Wednesdays, every two weeks beginning May 27 - July 8. For more information and how to register, click below:
Open-Hearted Communication Workshop
If you have a teen, please visit our High School and Middle School pages for the latest news from Jeff Shankle.
* For High School: go to https://www.wpctiburon.org/connect/high-school/
* For Middle School: Sunday evening worship gathering from 4:00 - 4:45pm. Contact Jeff for details to connect to Zoom. For more information on our Middle School program, go to https://www.wpctiburon.org/connect/middle-school/
Online and TEXT Giving Available
Thank you for the many ways in which you keep this ministry going. Please click on the link below if you would like to make a donation.