Message from Jeff
March 8, 2021
Have 1 Minute to Read? – Upcoming Details
- All youth Sundays (Grades 6 – 12)
Reminder - This Sunday is our first back as a youth group! We’re meeting from 10:00am – 10:45am, 6th – 12th grade, during the worship service. Masks, distanced, windows, etc. just like school.
- Every Sunday during the 10:00am in-person worship service
- You MUST register via Signup Genius in advance per county mandate
- Marin City Service Project – Wheel Chair Ramp Build
- Our service project in Marin City has to be tweaked a bit. We are only working 3/20, 9:00am – 3:00pm. Nothing on that Friday, 3/19. Apologies if you had made plans… so did we!
- Saturday, 3/20, 9:00am – 3:00pm
- Marin City Senior Center, 640 Drake Ave, Sausalito
- All are welcome. Please RSVP and help us with our count.
- More info below
- My Journey Update
- This week (3/9) – Markus Obata
- Next week (3/16) – Wilson Adkins
- New episode every Tuesday. Encourage your kids to listen (or as a family) to the pod!
- More info below
- Tuesday Hot Lunch + Diaper Duty Brigade
- Every Tuesday, 10:00am – 11:00am
- Westminster Presbyterian Church Parking Lot, 240 Tiburon Blvd, Tiburon, CA
- If you’re able, we are collecting bag lunches for the food insecure in Marin City
- Contact Carole Gunn if you have questions
- We are also collecting diapers (sizes 5-6) and wipes for those in need in the Canal
- Contact Carol Coffman if you have questions
- You’ve helped supply over 8,000 meals and 300 diapers so far! THANK YOU!!!
- Come worship with us in-person now! RSVPis necessary per county mandate
- Or continue to join us as a family via Facebookor YouTube
- We’re podcasting on all your favorite podcasting platforms:
- Find worship, Sunday school, and other specials at “WPC Tiburon”
- Get a brief daily dose of prayer at “WPC Daily Dose
Have 4 Minutes to Read? – My Journey Update
Over on the WPC Tiburon podcast you can now hear myself and one of our youth reminisce about some old times, talk about what they’ve been doing over the past year, and examine their spiritual journeys in more depth. As I was re-listening and posting them yesterday it struck me just how awesome these recordings are. What a gift they are to all of us but especially a teenager who doesn’t always feel comfortable talking about their faith life in a place like Marin.
About a month or so ago I was catching up with George and Markus, two of our middle schoolers who are currently serving as Ruling Elders for the church, and we got to dreaming about days when we can gather again. Many of our youth are very much looking forward to being with one another again. We also recognized how much everyone will have changed in just a year.
In the life of an adolescent a year feels like a very long time. And to them, it is! How much taller are your children now? How much more muscle do they have? Can they beat you up now? Some them even sound different? What about all the things they’ve done over the past year?
Under normal circumstances all these changes, new ideas, and insights would be discussed during various youth ministry gatherings. We thought it would be helpful for our youth to reconnect and catch up with each other. So the idea came to host a podcast conversation between myself and a single youth. We hope your middle schooler (and you!) enjoy them as much as we do.
Have 8 Minutes to Read? – Wheel Chair Ramps in Marin City
For several years now we’ve been praying for better relationships between our youth group and places like Marin City. Needless to say, the past year has shown us why those relationships are so important. We finally feel like God is starting to open some doors so we can be blessed by the kinds of friendships we’ve been hoping for.
Recently, some of bag lunch crew was delivering to Marin City when for some crazy reason they asked if we could help them build a wheel chair ramp before April. Well, little did they know that your youth director (me) actually spent an entire summer of missions doing nothing but building wheel chair ramps in Mobile, AL with youth groups form around the country! Crazy right? Granted, that was about 20 years ago now but we’re excited about this opportunity.
It’s taken awhile to get everything together on such a short schedule but our new friends in Marin City and I are so grateful. Just this past week an architectural firm just offered to do all the design work for free! That’s way nicer service than I ever got all those years ago.
We would love for your middle schooler and their friends to join us. We’ll be outside, masked, plenty of space to spread out and plenty of jobs to do even outside of just building a ramp. If you’d like to join as well please, by all means! Everyone can do something on a project like this.
Lastly, you do not have to sign up for the all the hours both days. Come and work for as much as you
Tuesday Bag Lunch Details
This is what we need:
- 1. Brown Bag Lunch (in your bag please include)
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Thinly sliced deli meats and cheese
- Bananas, Oranges, Cuties
- Hummus, Guacamole, etc.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Soft foods such as:
- Juice or Water
- Chips/Crackers are okay and appreciated
- Soft Cookies or other soft treats